Thursday, May 15, 2008

tori amos

ironically, the only 2 songs from tori amos that i loaded onto my ipod are entitled "china" and "little earthquakes". the heartwrenching news reaching us here about the devastation caused by the movement of tectonic plates in the heart of china gives me pause, and makes me want to join the rescue mission upon my arrival in changsha, ~500 miles to the southeast of the epicenter.

truly, i am now a registered nurse and have skills that could possibly be of assistance. this very type of international situation is precisely why i chose the career path i'm on; to develop portable and useful skills wherever in the world i find myself.

geologic upheaval and destruction places worries related to final exams in perspective, as i sit comfortably in my vermont nest now. the smell of rain and grass are lovely, i'm contemplating packing/organizing/cleaning. and apparently blogging as well.

No comments: